The Yakima Herald-Republic accepts unsolicited photos of news events in central Washington. To ensure the best results, please follow these guidelines when submitting photos to the Herald-Republic.
- The image resolution should be 200 dpi or larger.
- Image files, when displayed on a computer screen, should be at least 8 megabytes.
- Photos should be sent in a .jpg format
- Please submit photos in a timely manner. We need to receive any submissions (especially those of news events) within 8 hours of the event to be considered for publication in the next day’s newspaper and on our website.
- Along with the images, please include (a) your name, (b) a contact phone number at which we can immediately reach you, (c) information about the subject matter including when and where it was taken, (d) the names of any people prominent in the photo and (e) the photographer’s name.
- E-mail the photo(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once you’ve e-mailed your photos please call the newspaper to let them know you have submitted photos. Call the Herald-Republic news department at 509-577-7724. That telephone is answered 8 a.m.-11 p.m.
Your submission of photographs to the Herald-Republic gives the Herald-Republic the right to reproduce that photo in the newspaper and on its website, www.yakimaherald.com.
The Herald-Republic does not pay for reader-submitted photographs. We will, of course, give you credit for the photograph. Your photographic submission is for a one-time print use only and unlimited editorial use on yakimaherald.com.
By submitting photographs to the Herald-Republic, you are certifying
the images’ veracity; that is to say, the photo(s) have not been manipulated to change the content or lighting of the photograph(s).
There is no guarantee your photo(s) will be published. Publication will depend on a variety
of factors including timeliness, the news value of the photograph and the quality of the photograph.